GSI127 galvanic separation unit
Galvanic separation unit for use with vibration sensor (CA, CE, PV and VE), dynamic pressure sensor (CP) or proximity sensor (TQ) measurement chains.
The GSI127 galvanic separation unit is a high-quality, high-reliability unit for use with the IPC704 signal conditioner (used by CA accelerometers and CP dynamic pressure sensors), current-output accelerometers such as the CE134, CE281 and CE311, constant-current voltage-output sensors such as the CE110I, PV102 and CE680Mx11, the IQS450 signal conditioner (used by TQ proximity sensors) or the VE210 velocity sensor.
The GSI127 has a configurable transfer function and provides a voltage output. It is designed and built for long-term use in environments characterised by hazardous areas (potentially explosive atmospheres).
- Power supply and galvanic separation unit for sensors and signal conditioners with a current output or a voltage output
- 4 kVRMS galvanic separation between the sensor side and the monitor side
- 50 VRMS galvanic separation between the power supply and the output signal (floating output)
- μA to mV transfer function for long distance current-signal transmission, V to V transfer function for short-distance voltage-signal transmission
- Certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
|PARAMETER||Value (Imperial | Metric)|
|Output type||Voltage (2-wire)|
|Measurement system||CA vibration, CP dynamic pressure, TQ proximity or VE velocity|
|Sensor or signal conditioner||IPC704 signal conditioner (CA and CP sensors), CE sensors with a current output, IQS450 signal conditioner (TQ sensors) and VE210 sensor|
|Input signal range (sensor side)||0 to 20 mA or 0 to 20 VDC|
|Output signal range (monitor side)||2 to 20 VDC|
|Transfer function (sensitivity)||1 V/mA ±1%, 3.2 V/mA ±1%, 1 V/V ± % or −1 V/V ±1%|
|Transfer function (output offset voltage)||7 VDC ±0.2 VDC, 8 VDC ±0.2 VDC or 10 VDC ±0.2 VDC|
|Frequency range||DC to 20000 Hz|
|Galvanic separation||4 kVRMS|
|Operating temperature range||32 to 158 °F | 0 to 70 °C|
|Hazardous area certifications||Ex nA [ia Ga], AEx nA [ia Ga]|