VibroSmart® VSN010 real-time Ethernet switch
The VibroSmart® VSN010 real-time Ethernet switch is designed specifically for operation with VibroSmart modules connected in redundant network topologies, such as a redundant HSR (high-availability seamless redundancy) ring. The VSN010 switch acts as a communications gateway between networks of VibroSmart modules and standard Ethernet networks, which typically include the host computer running the VibroSight software.
The VSN010 module is a “redundancy box” that enables cost-effective redundant networks (HSR ring topology) of VibroSmart modules in applications where the cost of failure is high. It does this by acting as a gateway (communications bridge) between a redundant VibroSmart network and a standard Ethernet network, that is, it allows (doubly attached node implementing the HSR protocol) DANHs and SANs (singly attached nodes) to communicate.
- Real-time Ethernet switch providing fault-tolerant protocol redundancy for networks
- Redundant real-time communications based on high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR, IEC 62439-3) with zero recovery time
- Redundant non-real-time communications based on the rapid spanning tree protocol (RSTP, IEEE 802.1D)
- Enables cost-effective redundant networks of VibroSmart modules, with zero time to recovery for a single point of failure
- Allows VibroSmart modules to be arranged in a HSR ring network topology for increased system availability
|PARAMETER||Value (Imperial | Metric)|
|Monitoring system (application)||Machinery protection, condition monitoring, combustion monitoring|
|VibroSmart system function||Common|
|VibroSmart system component||Networking module|
|VibroSmart component function||Real-time Ethernet switch|